Monday, December 28, 2009

Myspace vs. Mom?

okay i need help. im 13 and alllllllllllll my friends have myspaces and i want one soooooooooo bad!!!!but my mom wont let me! she lets me do tons of stuff other kids parents wont do but shes just so serious about this. shes just so hooked up on the concept of "its unsafe" "their are internet pretators."can u help me find a way to convience her that its safe enough.



Myspace vs. Mom?

Show her this %26amp; read it yourself: http://yuniti.com/parents_guide.php



It is a really good guide to social networking sites for parents that might help her see some of the benifits of you having a myspace.



Might cause her to at the very least be more open to the possibility of you getting on, even if not to myspace but a safer site like Yuniti ( http://yuniti.com ) or Facebook ( http://facebook.com ).



Myspace vs. Mom?

well your mom seems wicked cool if she lets you do lots of stuff other parents wouldnt allow, so you have to be nice to her a respect her choice. i have a myspace and all my friends have a myspace except one of my friends. she wants one and isnt allowed to. its not like you are cut off socially. just wait until high school so you can get a Facebook. your mom will HAVE to let you have a facebook because its MUCH safer than myspace.



Myspace vs. Mom?

Hey kid, go jump off a bridge and maybe your friends will follow?



Sound stupid? Yup.



Same old argument, different language.



Your mom is right, your mom is smart- cherish your mother for actually *GASP* caring about you and what you do on the internet.



Now you want to convince her? How about you let her choose your screen name, register you, control your password, and be able to monitor everything you do on Myspace?



What, no? You don't like that? Betcha she would.



Myspace vs. Mom?

whats the hype about nospace??.....can't you chat with your friends through AIM,email,txtmsg? I agree with your mom...its puts you out there..or hangs you out there.....tooooooooooo much...better safe than sorry kiddo!



Myspace vs. Mom?

okay well i know alot of people were there parents are super strict, espeacially against myspace. you gotta convice them about the good things about myspace, bring up all the positive stuff, like how it has privacy police where only people who are on your friends list can look at your page and pictures, and tell them you wont add anyone they you dont fully know. you know soften em up. get them to at least re-think it.



Myspace vs. Mom?

Well, shes right about My Space. Its full of inappropriate spam and people asking to be your friend that you really don't want to be friends with. However, you should try signing up for Facebook. Its much safer with no inappropriate spam. It has many of the same features as My Space if not more. Facebook has opened up so anyone can join Facebook now, even your mom. :)



Myspace vs. Mom?

I have used myspace for almost a year now and nothing has gone wrong and I got it hwen I was 14. I did get preditors but if someone messages you can report and block them and if you report them their account gets suspended within 24 hours. The sickos who messages me within 7 hours I saw wehre they sent the messagte to me get changed to "this profile no longer exists"



Thanks to this you don't need to worry about preditors.



Myspace vs. Mom?

So she lets you on yahoo and there is just as many Internet predators on here so I don't get it..... My daughter has a myspace and I have the password I also watch everything she does on the Internet very closely! I log into her myspace and read all her messages....lol sometimes before she does. Myspace isn't really a big deal! I don't see why you would want one so bad. But if mom is set on her decision then you probably can't talk her into it. But you could always suggest she get one too and she could be your friend so she can kinda see what it's all about...IDK



Myspace vs. Mom?

you are such a lucky Girl that your Mom is watching out for you a lot of parents are to busy to take the time to know what her girl is doing she knows there alot of girls that have come up missing lots of preditors know that girls your age are there for the taking be patient and wait till your older. There are lots of things that some parents let the kids do cause they do not want to be bothered your Mom Loves and cares for you that should give you a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd